Speak to an Expert
If you are looking to ground an important decision in robust analysis and evidence, let’s start the conversation.
– Learn how to use risk analysis and modeling to improve strategic decision-making in finance, budgeting, business development (e.g. deal evaluations), E14&D portfolio management, pricing decisions and forecasting, and marketing;
– Understand the most important modeling techniques, methods (including Monte Carlo simulation) and software tools available to perform and interpret risk analyses for companies in the pharmaceutical business;
– Learn and practice key risk analysis techniques that will allow you to support more informed and better decision making in your pharma business;
– Gain expert insight from EpiX Analytics; a world renowned risk analysis consultancy and training company with vast experience working with the nation’s top pharmaceutical companies as well as numerous smaller, more specialized pharmaceutical (branded and generics) firms.
The Financial Risk Modeling for Pharmaceuticals course will be beneficial for all managers, analysts and consultants involved in the pharmaceutical industry who would like to gain a greater insight into how risk analysis can improve strategic decisions in finance, R&D portfolio management, business development, marketing and sales. Previous risk modeling experience is helpful, but certainly not necessary. The course is designed to be beneficial for both experienced and non-experienced Excel and risk model.
Participants will be primarily using Crystal Ball (by Oracle, v 7.0 or newer) or alternatively @Risk (by Palisade, version 5.0 or newer) together with Microsoft Excel to solve the exercises. However, participants can also choose to use another Monte Carlo package of their choice. It is essential that all participants know the basics about using Microsoft Excel. Trial versions of @Risk can be found from Palisade’s website here and trials of Crystal Ball can be downloaded from Oracle’s website. As the trial licenses last 15 days, participants should install it only a few days before the course. In addition to Crystal Ball and @Risk and MS Excel, participants are required to bring laptops with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint installed.
In case participants prefer to use a particular software package, please let us know and we will make all example models and exercises available in the relevant software package.
The course runs from 09:00 to 17:00 each day. Morning and afternoon coffee, and lunch are provided. Optional evening workshops on the first and second days allow extra time for running through example models and exercises.
ModelAssist is a comprehensive risk analysis training reference and is free of cost. This reference tool provides an in-depth explanation of all of the risk analysis concepts, techniques and methods introduced in this course and greatly complements the course material. ModelAssist can be downloaded or accessed directly from our website.
All of our courses aim to help the participants understand risk analysis from the bottom-up, which is achieved through a relaxed, informal and interactive environment, using plenty of examples and hands-on exercises where students apply and adapt what they have learned.
Our training courses provide an opportunity to develop or extend your professional network. We therefore arrange optional fun, interactive social events which take advantage of local attractions, cuisine, and culture. All social events are included in the course fee.
Course participants must arrange their own accommodation. However, we will be happy to provide information and alternatives for your travel arrangements. After you complete your registration form, please let us know that you will need our help.
Please contact us to obtain a code for the discounts below, or to discuss a special rate when registering 5 or more people. Discounts for groups of 3 or 4 people are applied automatically at registration. Discount rates cannot be combined.
* Early registration – 10% off registration (register and pay 30 days before course start date)
* Government/Academic – 5% off registration (Proof of eligibility requested after registration)
* Student – 25% off registration (Proof of eligibility requested after registration)
Use our contact form if you are interested in a course not currently in our schedule.